The National Center on Leadership for the Employment and Economic Advancement of People with Disabilities (http://leadcenter.org) is a collaborative of disability, workforce and economic empowerment organizations dedicated to a single mission: advancing sustainable individual- and systems-level change to improve competitive, integrated employment and economic self-sufficiency for all people across the spectrum of disability.
Led by the National Disability Institute with funding from the US Department of Labor’s Office of Disability Employment Policy, the Lead Center brings together a range of organizations, thought leaders and best-practice innovators to expand policy, employment, leadership and economic advancement opportunities and outcomes for people with disabilities.
About Our Work
The LEAD Center’s work focuses on the promotion of innovation in policy, employment and economic advancement. The LEAD Center provides policy research and recommendations, training and technical assistance as well as demonstration projects designed to break down silos in existing systems, processes and practices, and foster wider understanding, adoption and integration of next-generation employment practices in both public and private sectors.
Public Policy Activities
- Review and analyze implementation of existing laws and regulations within the outside the workforce development system.
- Identify areas in need of clarification and further guidance to meet policy goals.
- Develop policy briefs and white papers with findings and recommendations for further policy development.
- Develop recommendations for better alignment of policy within and across service delivery systems (including but not limited to workforce development, vocational rehabilitation, Medicaid, Social Security and asset development).
- Convene subject matter experts for in-depth dialogue on targeted issues (bundling and braiding of resources, overcoming work disincentives) and development of policy recommendations.
- Identify policy issues for further analysis at an individual and systems level.
- Advise the Department of Labor on effective coordination and collaboration strategies with other federal partners.
Learn more about the LEAD Center by visiting http://leadcenter.org.