Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tashorg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/themes/icons-body.php on line 69
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/tashorg/public_html/wp-content/plugins/social-share-button/themes/icons-body.php on line 246
It takes just three minutes to contact your senators to let them know you support the Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities. Please take a moment to consider the following, and show your support of this important treaty.
We are being significantly outnumber by the opposition by phone and social media. We need every U.S. Senate member to be contacted and to know that the disability community is leading the movement for U.S. ratification of this international disability treaty and our voice matters! Get your friends, family, and work colleagues to make calls, Tweet and Twitpic, e-mail and Facebook today to show support!
Let you Senators know:
– I am a person with a disability and I want to see the senator vote in support of the CRPD this year!
– The CRPD will not cost the Federal Government any additional funds.
– The CRPD has been reviewed by both Republican and Democratic Attorneys General and by past Counsel to Presidents. They confirm that it does not threaten the sovereignty of the U.S. nor does it require any new legislation to comply with the treaty.
– This treaty is good for American business and for the world. It will allow us to bring our knowledge of making a society accessible to the whole world.
– MOST IMPORTANTLY – This treaty is very important to the U.S. disability community! Following U.S. ratification of the treaty, U.S. leadership will help raise accessibility around the world, directly helping Americans with disabilities who live, work, or travel abroad.
Sample Tweet : @(SenatorID) Support the #CRPD in 2012! This is a #disability issue and we say vote YES!
Sample Twitpic: https://twitter.com/USICD/status/259376999901044736/photo/1
Want more information about the treaty? CLICK HERE
Interested in why the CRPD is important to parents of children with disabilities? LISTEN HERE
Add your organization to a list of over 265 U.S. disability organizations that support the CRPD CLICK HERE
Thank you for taking time for this important call to action!