The @BabcockCenter seeks new President/CEOClick To TweetTitle: President/CEO
Location: West Columbia, South Carolina
Salary Range: Commensurate with education and experience.
Benefits: Competitive PTO program, Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Long and Short Term Disability, 401K match (up to state maximum), and car allowance.
Application Steps: Please complete our online application and include a resume, cover letter, and two letters of professional reference.
Organization Information: Babcock Center is a $43M private, non-profit organization that provides residential, vocational, and in- home supports to over 1400 people with lifelong disabilities and their families living in the Columbia, SC and surrounding areas. The mission of the Babcock Center is to empower people with lifelong disabilities to enjoy life by promoting abilities and respecting choice. We strive for an inclusive community free of barriers for people with lifelong disabilities.
The President/CEO shall manage the day-to-day administration and operations of the Agency, subject to policies adopted by the Board of Directors. The President/CEO shall be selected and appointed by the Board and shall serve at the Board’s pleasure.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Provide, or cause to be provided to the Board of Directors, all information, data, and reports which the Board may require in order for it to assess the manner and effectiveness with which the policies are being carried out by the administration and through which the services mandated for the Agency are being fulfilled.
- Be the public voice of the Babcock Center and build up the organization’s reputation as a respected and trusted leader in the disabilities field; lead and participate actively in efforts to elevate external stakeholders’ understanding of Babock Center’s impact on the lives of people with intellectual disabilities.
- Keep abreast of policy decisions that impact people with disabilities and their families.
- Direct, coordinate, plan, and evaluate the organization’s financial and budget activities to fund operations and increase efficiencies while following all governing laws and regulations.
- Analyze business operations to evaluate performance in meeting objectives and determine areas for cost reductions, program improvement, or policy changes.
- Direct, plan, and implement both long and short range plans, policies, and procedures to ensure continuing operations, maximize returns, and increase productivity.
- Oversee the development and implementation of the strategic plan.
- Responsible for managing the senior executive team and for the overall performance of the management team. Appoint department heads and management and assign or delegate responsibilities accordingly.
- Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with staff, the Board of Directors, individuals supported, and other stakeholders including governmental entities.
- Be actively involved in community activities that include effective public speaking and media relations.
- Work with local businesses and industries to foster success in work contracts and employment opportunities.
- Oversees fundraising planning and implementation including identifying potential resources requirements and needs, researching funding sources, and building relationships with potential and current funding sources.
- Continue growth and expansion efforts to include new lines of business and collaborative partnerships.
- Keep current with best practices in the field to include, but not limited to; corporate transparency, effective whistleblower policies, innovations in service delivery, maintaining high ethical standards, etc.
- Managing Vision and Purpose – Able to communicate and promote the organization’s vision, mission, and values and is successful at promoting and motivating these to an entire organization.
- Business Acumen – Has a working knowledge of how businesses function including policies, procedures, technology, and general information regarding the organization. Understands competition and is versed in specific competition impacting the business. Recognizes requirements of internal and external customers and is committed to continuous improvements to meet current and future needs. Understands how to measure and manage work processes and is committed to continuous business improvements.
- Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard and accepts challenges and opportunities with a positive attitude and a high energy level. Can make decisions when needed without complete information and under tight deadlines.
- Compassion – Has a genuine care for direct reports, staff, and customers including professional and personal needs. Demonstrates empathy and sympathy when others are experiencing positive or negative emotions. Helps whenever possible.
- Customer Focus – dedicated to meeting both internal and external customer needs and expectations. Consistently acts with customers in mind and uses feedback to improve processes, procedures, and services. Has the ability to build and maintain effective relationships with customers of all kinds.
- Managing Diversity – Manages all people equitably and with fair treatment for all.
- Innovation Management – Successfully brings the ideas and suggestions of others to market. Can understand which suggestions will work and can successfully support brainstorming sessions with others.
- Ethics and Integrity – Has appropriate moral principles that govern behavior and decisions in both good and bad situations. Is widely trusted, keep confidences, and is not concerned with personal gain.
- Strategic Agility – Future oriented and able to see ahead clearly and anticipate potential trends and consequences. Able to create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Organizing and Planning – Able to coordinate resources to get things done and accomplish goals. Uses resources effectively and efficiently and anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks. Appropriately measures performance against goals and evaluates results.
- Master’s degree in Public Administration, Management, Finance, Business Administration, Human Services, Special Education, or related field strongly preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Experience in non-profit sector and intellectual disability community preferred.
- 6-10 years of progressive executive level responsibility and management.
- Previous experience in organizations supporting individuals with disabilities preferred.
- Experience working in an organization funded by state and federal sources.
- Knowledge of legal, regulatory, and contractual requirements preferred.
Please apply online through our job postings website at: https://www.babcockcenter.org/about/job-opportunities/
Please contact Audrey Coogler, Director of Human Resources, with any questions: email@example.com or (803)-799-1970 x 150