.@AnthemInc conducts nationwide search for Medicaid Employment Outreach DirectorClick To TweetYour Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Location: Anywhere in the United States, from home office or Anthem/Amerigroup office.
The Business Change Director (Medicaid Employment Outreach Director) is responsible for working with management to identify and implement varied projects, programs and plans that support achievement of Medicaid Specialty business unit and enterprise goals. Primary duties to include, but are not limited to:
- Leading and coordinating the development of policy and strategies in collaboration with identified Anthem team members to increase integrated employment outcomes for our members.
- Being knowledgeable and serve as a subject matter expert, as needed, to support the specialty product lines to stay abreast of evolving state and national employment requirements and initiatives.
- Advising Anthem leaders and specialty product lines on the implications of federal policies and regulations and other relevant influencers that impact employment outcomes for people with disabilities and/or youth and young adults in the foster care system., this includes, but is not limited to, United State Department of Labor (DOL); DOL, Office of Disability Employment, Medicaid, Affordable Care Act (ACA), Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), and Social Security Administration (SSN).
- In concert with local market leaders, coordinating with state agencies in local markets that have employment services, such as Vocational Rehabilitation, Medicaid, local employment networks, Project Search, and school-to-adult transition teams.
- Building relationships with Employment Networks, Vocational Rehabilitation agencies, advocate groups supporting specialty populations and other community groups with supportive services.
- Coordinating and overseeing resource development and training on employment topics for service coordinators and state program specialists, including career planning and exploration, mentorships, job accommodations, increasing self-sufficiency, benefits planning, customized employment, self-employment, integrated employment supports, and the coordination of funding and support from multiple agencies.
- Working with the diversity recruitment team at Anthem to ensure an ongoing focus on hiring persons with disabilities, provide information on reasonable accommodations, and be a model employer for hiring and promoting people with disabilities.
- BA/BS degree in related field such as mental health, social services or business; 10 years managing mid to large-scale change/project initiatives including knowledge of planning models and methodology, project management and change management experience (strategic and execution); or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Masters degree in Social Work, Rehabilitation Counseling, Vocational Rehabilitation or related field preferred.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience developing or overseeing employment services and supports for persons with disabilities to find and maintain employment in integrated settings preferred.
- Knowledgeable about federal social programs, income and work requirements, and limitations.
- Networking and relationship-building skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Requires 20 – 30% travel.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.