TASH Connections seeks nominations (including self-nominations) for members of the Editorial Board. Members of the TASH Connections Editorial Board are appointed to a terms of three years, with the possibility of renewal. TASH Connections is published 4 times a year by TASH.
Deadline: August 1, 2014 or until Board is named
Responsibilities of the Editorial Board include:
– Provide expertise, advice, and assessment assistant to the editors
– Assist the editor in identifying potential reviewers
– Review a manuscript every 4-6 weeks (depending on areas of expertise)
– File reviews, with thorough comments and recommendations, in a timely manner
– Help the editors identify potential journal manuscripts for submission
Candidates must be members of TASH and maintain their membership during the duration of their appointment.
While we welcome applications from people in all areas related to the field of disability (and advocacy), TASH Connections has a need for reviewers around policy and practice around the following issues:
1) Inclusive education
2) Community living
4) Diversity and cultural competency
5) Human rights
Search procedure: Applicants will be reviewed by the Editors and the TASH Publications Committee immediately after the deadline submission date.
The application packet should include:
1) A cover letter, stating your interest in being considered for the Board, as well as a personal statement setting forth how you see your participation on the board furthering the mission and agenda of TASH and a description of special areas of interest and expertise
2) A curriculum vitae
All application packets (in PDF format) should be sent to Julia M. White, Co-Editor, TASH Connections, at firstname.lastname@example.org