.@AnthemInc conducts nationwide search for Medicaid Housing DirectorClick To TweetYour Talent. Our Vision. At Amerigroup, a proud member of the Anthem, Inc. family of companies focused on serving Medicaid, Medicare and uninsured individuals, it’s a powerful combination. It’s the foundation upon which we’re creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will drive the future of health care.
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve.
Location: Anywhere in the United States, from home office or Anthem/Amerigroup office.
The Business Change Director (Medicaid Housing Director) position is an exceptional opportunity to design and implement integrated housing advocacy and support practices within the healthcare product lines serving people with specialized health and support service needs, including individuals with behavioral health conditions, physical disabilities, intellectual and developmental disabilities, older adults, and young adults transitioning out of foster care. This position will partner and interact with affiliate health plans, national and state leaders, and advocacy groups to develop innovative solutions that maximize housing opportunities for people served by Anthem. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Implementing housing support practices into programs serving the individuals we support.
- Develop a variety of advocacy and support programs.
- Partners and participates in national and state housing and homeless support initiatives.
- Work with partners to research and evaluate new trends, best in practice, and innovative opportunities for approaches to service delivery, transportation solutions, and landlord engagement.
- Assists in the development and implementation of programs within the managed Long Term Services and Supports (MLTSS) environment.
- Conducting analysis of existing affordable and supportive housing programs in current and future state markets.
- Work with health plan affiliates and product teams on assessing member housing program eligibility, support needs, and preferences for improved housing options, through activities, such as tracking availably of affordable housing that meets HUD standards, public housing funding and housing vouchers, home ownership programs and other community resources.
- Coordinating and overseeing resource development and training on housing topics for service coordinators and state program specialists, including assessment and referral processes, paperwork and reporting requirements, emergency diversion, increasing self-sufficiency, benefits planning, and the coordination of funding and support from multiple agencies.
- Working with Anthem affiliates to develop methods of marketing and education on housing and member success stories.
- Coordinating the development of presentations and resource documents to explain Anthem’s philosophies, and illustrate the progress on housing outcomes, barriers, and new opportunities in specific markets.
- BA/BS degree in a related field such as mental health, social services or business; 10 years managing mid to large-scale change/project initiatives including knowledge of planning models and methodology, project management and change management experience (strategic and execution); or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Masters degree in Social Work, Rehabilitation Counseling, or related field preferred.
- Five (5) or more years’ experience developing or overseeing affordable and/or supportive housing programs, targeting populations that face significant barriers securing safe, affordable and stable housing including individuals with behavioral health conditions, physical disabilities, intellectual and developmental disabilities, older adults, and young adults transitioning out of foster care.
- Knowledge of Housing First philosophy and strategies, including housing development finance tools, Fair Housing Act and similar state and federal policies.
- Networking, research, and internal/external presentation skills.
- 20 – 30% travel required.
Anthem, Inc. is ranked as one of America’s Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine and is a 2014 DiversityInc magazine Top 50 Company for Diversity. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at antheminc.com/careers. EOE. M/F/Disability/Veteran.