The Assistant Executive Director for Employment and Day Services (AED) is a senior level position that reports directly to the Executive Director. The AED is responsible for planning and oversight of all operations in the Employment and Day Services division, the agency’s largest division. The AED seeks to fulfill The Arc Baltimore’s commitment to maximizing employment outcomes for all people supported by leading and managing The Arc Baltimore’s strategic efforts to best align its supports to enable each individual s desired employment outcome. The position is also responsible for ensuring access to innovative, meaningful and integrated (i.e. community-based) activities for those who choose not to work (e.g. are retired).
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Promote and ensure adherence to agency mission and philosophy assuring that individuals are treated with respect and are empowered to make good decisions.
2. Actively oversee management of all departmental programs.
3. Prepare and monitor budget for all programs responsible.
4. Provide supervision to and evaluate, at least annually, key personnel whom directly report to AED.
5. Ensure all programs comply with agency policies and procedures and external regulations.
6. Oversee case management services ensuring that individual plans are being developed and implemented.
7. Ensure departmental programs are designed to provide optimal training and vocational opportunities for individuals served and that they are adapted as needed.
8. Coordinate departmental activities and act as liaison with other departments and agencies.
9. Oversee hiring, training and evaluation, and if necessary, termination of all departmental staff.
10. Represent agency on various local and state wide groups and committees.
11. Complete all agency required trainings for position.
12. Work collaboratively with other departments at The Arc Baltimore through various team and committee structures.
13. Develop network and relationships with various employers, ensuring participation of people with disabilities within the community.
14. Attend seminars and conferences as required.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
• Master’s degree in relevant field required.
• Minimum of ten years experience providing supports to individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (or a closely related human service endeavor) at least half of which has included management and supervisory experience.
• Ability to communicate effectively.
• Ability to drive agency vehicles.
• Normal working conditions apply.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule as dictated by the needs of the agency.
• Valid Maryland drivers license is required; clean driving record necessary.