Stirring the Soul with Stories of Inclusion
Through storytelling, Gail will share strategies that resulted in people with intellectual and developmental disabilities having increased participation and valued roles within faith communities which prove to be welcoming places filled with caring community members ready and willing to engage themselves.
All participants at the conference will find this session practical and engaging.
1. Recognize best practices through storytelling.
2. Describe some factors people take into consideration when choosing a church.
3. Identify strategies that can be used to expand and deepen relationships and engagement with faith communities.
4. Define ways in which people use faith communities to increase belonging.
5. Describe how faith communities benefit from the engagement of people with disabilities.