The University of Missouri-St. Louis invites applications for two tenure-track positions as an Assistant Professor in Special Education. These positions are benefits-eligible, full-time, tenure-track, nine-month academic appointments in the College of Education with an anticipated start of August 2019. Candidates of diverse and minority backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply. The successful candidate will have demonstrated expertise in Special Education and a focus in one of the following areas: Teaching English to speakers of other languages (TESOL), mathematics, transition, inclusive post-secondary education, inclusion, social studies, early childhood, gifted education, science, behavior analysis, or speech/language.
- A completed doctorate in Special Education or closely related field by time of appointment.
- A minimum of 3 years teaching in PK-12 setting.
- Demonstrated commitment to serving diverse populations.
- Documented evidence of sustained, high-quality professional productivity including grant writing.
- Documented evidence of teaching excellence and contribution to student development.
- Demonstrated ability to integrate technology into teaching including experience teaching online courses.
- Successfully designing and leading professional development with elementary/secondary/special education teachers.
- Experience of collaborative curricular and program development.
- Documented experience of successful teaching in higher education.
- Experience in developing and sustaining partnerships to support students with disabilities in inclusive settings.
Applicants MUST apply online at www.umsl.jobs including a detailed letter of application, vitae, teaching philosophy, copies of transcripts, two scholarly writing samples, and three professional references. A single PDF file attached as a “resume” is strongly recommended. Only completed applications submitted online will be reviewed. Review of files will begin October 15, 2018, and continue until the positions are filled. UMSL is committed to an inclusive campus community that values and respects all its members and achieves educational excellence through diversity. As one of four institutions in the University of Missouri land-grant system, UMSL is classified as RU-H (high research activity) and as a Community Engaged Campus by Carnegie rankings. For further information about UMSL, please see: www.umsl.edu. UMSL is an urban institution located in St. Louis, one of the 20 largest metropolitan areas in the United States. For further information about St. Louis, please see: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis.
The University of Missouri-St. Louis is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.
Office of the Dean
College of Education
University of Missouri-St. Louis
201 Education Administration Building
1 University Boulevard
St. Louis, MO 63121-4400