Are you looking for a job where you can earn a paycheck AND make a difference in your community? Then we are looking for you!
TransCen, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization that is dedicated to improving meaningful work and community inclusion of youth and young adults with disabilities. We are a small, but impactful organization consisting of go-getters and innovators who are determined to make a positive change! We are looking for a mission-driven Program Director to join our team in our California office, WorkLink.
The Program Director position coordinates the day-to-day services, expands and improves services, and works within the budget developed collaboratively with accounting. The Program Director recruits, hires and supervises program staff, performs administrative functions such as attending meetings, coordinating schedules/caseloads, ensuring program services meet stakeholder requirements and service invoices are accurate and submitted to funders, etc. In addition, this position is also responsible for assisting individuals with disabilities become active productive member of their community by providing job development and on-site job support. Some evening and weekend work may be required.
- Organizes, coordinates, and evaluates day-to-day services
- Sets annual service goals (aligning with budget)
- Develops and monitors WorkLink budget in collaboration with TransCenAccounting and President
- Recruits, hires, trains and supervises WorkLink team members
- Develops and implements policies and procedures for services that meetregulation requirements for funding sources
- Evaluates services and develops annual objectives/action plans to improveservices
- Facilitates individualized and person-centered job search planning for clients
- Ensures customized employment processes are followed by all team members
- Provides professional development training for team members throughout theyear
- Oversees monthly billing process and paperwork completed in collaboration withCommunity Program Manager and team members
- Assists in developing marketing materials, stories for social media, website, andoutreach plans for additional services
- Maintains client referrals from funding sources to ensure viability of WorkLink
- Expands revenues for services, assists in grant writing and fundraising efforts
- Monitors progress of goals and prepares information for bi-monthly boardmeetings and annual report, detailing outcomes
- Represents TransCen and WorkLink in the community (e.g., transition fairs,funding meetings)
- Minimum of 5 years working or volunteering in a nonprofit
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent experience)
- Strong interpersonal skills, previous experience supervising others
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe PDF and Google Suites
- Working knowledge of disability services and client management software
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Must be able to pass a background check
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Mission driven
- Ability to time manage, prioritize workload, and juggle concurrent demands
- Ability to think critically, creatively problem solve, and use data analysis for sounddecision making
- High level written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work with diverse individuals and families
- Ability to network with multiple stakeholders, including funders
- Ability to work independently and as an effective member of a team
- High level of discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to synthesize information and communicate in a succinct manner tomultiple people, including family members and individuals with disabilities
- Disciplined self-starter who can set and achieve goals
MAJOR bonus points if you have…
- Strong connections to the community
- A passion for improving employment outcomes for people with disabilities
- Familiarity with social media
Perks in Working for Us!
- Medical, dental and vision benefits
- Retirement contribution
- Group life insurance
- Generous vacation and sick leave
Application Process and Other Details
Limitations and Disclaimer: The above job description describes the general nature and level of work to be performed; it is not meant to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required for the position.
Timeline: Position will remain open until filled. Applications will be reviewed, and candidates considered on a rolling basis. A mutually agreed upon start date will be determined at the time of hire.
COVID-19 Vaccination: We require staff and contractors to be vaccinated. We understand that there may be medical or religious reasons for why one cannot get the vaccine. In which case, we request staff and contractors to contact us as soon as possible to request an exemption. Documentation may be required.
To apply, please send a cover letter and your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
TransCen, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to app