About TASH Membership
TASH offers a number of membership types with different benefits and prices to suite your needs. Additionally, you can become a member by paying once for the entire years, or pay dues monthly to balance the expense. We also offer a couple of different ways to sign up.
All TASH members are a part of a rich network of expertise, information, advocacy and shared values through the following benefits:
- Current and past issues of Connections, the member-driven online magazine of TASH
- Discounts on the TASH Annual Conference, regional conferences and web-based trainings
- A network of advocacy with member organizing, Capitol Hill days and action alerts
- Access to the expertise and values of peers, advocates and professionals through participation in chapters and TASH’s online forums
In addition to these benefits in common with all memberships, there are additional benefits available at several membership levels. Here is a detailed listing of the benefits of each membership level, as well as a description of the eligibility for each membership level.
Regular Price Membership
|Monthly membership dues:||$17|
|Yearly membership dues:||$195|
This is the membership for people working in the disability field in a professional capacity — such as tenured professors, service providers or agency administrators. This membership level includes all the basic benefits of membership listed above, plus you will receive:
- TASH’s scholarly research journal Research and Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities (RPSD) delivered to your mailbox quarterly
- Online access to archived editions of RPSD going back to 1975
- The TASH Professor program, an online network of higher education professionals
Reduced Price Memberships
|Monthly membership dues:||$10|
|Yearly membership dues:||$115|
For professionals in the first five years of a career in the disability field, allies, and family members. You will receive most of the benefits of Professional Membership, but at a reduced fee for post-graduates, pre-tenure professors, K-12 educators or junior agency personnel:
- Online access to current and past editions going back to 1975 of TASH’s scholarly research journal Research and Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities (RPSD)
- In addition, you will be able to participate in the TASH Early Career Professional network, an online group of higher education professionals where members can seek out shared research interests, collaborators and mentors.
|Monthly membership dues:||$5|
|Yearly membership dues:||$55|
The TASH membership for self-advocates, family members, direct support professionals and other people working in the field with limited incomes, as well as retirees and emeritus researchers. This membership can be offered at this rate thanks to the generous contributions of members and donors, and is intended for people with restricted incomes.
At this level of membership you will receive all the same benefits of standard membership, but at a significantly reduced price:
- The latest issues of Connections, the member-driven online magazine of TASH
- Discount on registration for the annual TASH Conference and regional conferences
- Discounts on all training and webinar offerings
- Affiliation with your state/regional chapter
- Participation in online forums and professional networks
- Exclusive opportunities for advocacy and education
|Monthly membership dues:||$6|
|Yearly membership dues:||$65|
Available exclusively for students in grades K-12 and full-time enrolled undergraduate and graduate students. Student membership includes all benefits of Standard Membership, plus:
- Online access to Research and Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities (RPSD), the quarterly TASH research journal
- Online access to archived editions of RPSD going back to 1975
|Monthly membership dues:||$42|
|Yearly membership dues:||$495|
When your organization becomes a member at this level, up to five members of your staff receive the complete benefits of membership, including:
- One copy of Research and Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities (RPSD), TASH’s scholarly research journal, mailed to your organization quarterly.
- Online access to the current issue and past issues of RPSD going back to 1975 for the five staff members.
- All new and archived articles from Connections, the member-driven online magazine of TASH.
- Discounts on registration for up to five members of your staff at the TASH Annual Conference, regional conferences and web-based trainings.
- Affiliation with your state/regional chapter.
- Participation for your staff in TASH’s online groups, forums, blogs and other information sharing resources.
- Your organization and its staff will become a part of TASH’s network of advocacy through member organizing, Capitol Hill days and action alerts.
Membership Benefits At-A-Glance
To help you compare the membership prices and benefits, we have also lined them up in the following table:
$42 / month
$495 / year
$17 / month
$195 / year
$10 / month
$115 / year
|Self-Advocate, Family, DSP, Retiree
$5 / month
$55 / year
$6 / month
$65 / year
|Research and Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities, the official TASH research journal (print copy)||X||1 COPY|
|Research and Practice for Persons with Severe Disabilities (online access to current and archived issues)||X||X||X||5 STAFF|
|Inclusive Practices, TASH’s quarterly practitioner journal||X||X||X||X||5 STAFF|
|Connections Library (includes access to 10 years of Connections archives)||X||X||X||X||5 STAFF|
|TASH webinar archive||X||5 STAFF|
|Reduced registration rates for TASH conferences and events||X||X||X||X||5 STAFF|
|Discounts for TASH Training webinars, publications & other offerings||X||X||X||X||5 STAFF|
|Access to TASH’s professional network, forums & blogs||X||X||X||X||5 STAFF|
|Affiliation with a TASH Chapter (includes policy and expertise, Capitol Hill Days, Chapter communications & activities||X||X||X||X||5 STAFF|
|TASH in Action, Advocacy Alerts & updates||X||X||X||X||5 STAFF|
How to Become a Member
There are three easy ways to become a member:
- Join Online: Click the button below to begin the process, or click on the orange heading from the membership descriptions above.
- Mail, E-mail or Fax: You can mail the membership form to: Attn: Membership, TASH, 1101 15th Street NW, Suite 206, Washington, D.C. 20005. You can also scan and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax it to 202-999-4722.
- Give Us a Call: We’re available by phone to discuss membership options and help you renew your membership with TASH. Just give us a call at
202-817-3264 or e-mail at email@example.com.
Renew Your Membership
If you are renewing an existing membership, or were once a member in the past, we still have your record in our system. You can renew using your previous member record. When you log in to your account, the system will notify you that your membership is lapsed and ask you if you want to renew now. Just follow the instructions on the screen (if you don’t know your username or password, you can request an e-mail to reset your password here). Or you can use the PDF paper membership form or call us at 202-817-3264 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.