Poster Presentation Schedule and Location
Poster Presentations will be held in Salon West on Thursday, December 1 from 6:15 p.m. – 8 p.m. Poster boards will be ready for you to set up your presentation materials in advance of the poster presentation session. The timeframe for this will be announced shortly.
You will have the entire poster presentation period (6:15 p.m.-8 p.m.) to share information and address questions with attendees. It’s expected that presenters will be by or near their posters for the entire poster session. (Of course you can grab snacks, etc.) This is your chance to interact with a large segment of the TASH conference audience, so make the most of it!
The presentation space is one side of a standalone poster board that you can tack posters or individual pages onto. The actual size of this board is 4′ x 8′, so you can use as much of the space that you need. Please note that you will be responsible for providing thumbtacks and/or pushpins to hang up your poster.
Creating your poster
It’s common that a poster should be more than just some slides tacked onto a board. You want to call attention to a few key points which you can expand upon in your presentation and which might inspire questions from your audience. Whether you use graphics, text, or a combination of both, your materials should be easily visible from several feet away.
Transporting your poster to Atlanta
You’ll be responsible for printing and transporting your poster to the conference. You have several options:
1. Print your poster as series of smaller sheets at home or work
Bring the sheets along with you and assemble them at the conference. This approach can work well, but you need to take care of how the pieces fit together along with other considerations.
2. Print your poster as a full-size document or in larger segments at home or work
Transport the poster folded or in a mailing tube. You’ll want to consider the possibility of airline baggage fees if you are traveling with the poster.
3. Ship the poster (in a sturdy mailing tube) to the conference site
You can ship the poster directly to yourself at the Hilton Atlanta. The cost of receiving the boxes is $0.50 per pound. If you are a guest at another hotel, be sure to call that hotel directly and find out what their receiving charges are.
All materials should be addressed as follows:
Hilton Atlanta & Towers
135 Baker Street
Atlanta, GA 30303
Hold for (fill in your name only)
Convention Name & Dates
– The shipment should be labeled with the name of the individual who will claim it at the hotel.
– The hotel will not accept shipments from individuals who are not hotel guests.
– Multiple packages within a single shipment should be sequentially numbered, i.e., 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, etc.
– The Hilton Atlanta can only receive shipments up to three days in advance of the TASH Conference (do not have items arrive any earlier than Friday, November 25).
4. Print the poster on-site at the TASH Conference
FEDEX Office at the Hilton Atlanta
255 Courtland St. N.E.
Atlanta, GA 30303
Monday–Friday: 8:00 a.m.–7:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 11:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m.
Note: This FEDEX location requires 24 hour advance notice for print jobs.
If you have additional questions about poster presentations at the 2011 TASH Conference, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or (202) 540-9015.
Please contact us at email@example.com or (202) 540-9015 so we can directly address any additional questions you may have.