The Transition Facilitator at Community Opptions, Inc. supports individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities during the transition into Home & Community-Based Services (HCBS). You will work with individuals, families/guardians, and service providers to develop and manage a successful transition plan ensuring continuity of care. Your work will have a positive impact by integrating individuals into the greater community, which creates opportunities for employment and engagement in community life.
- Manage a caseload of individuals transitioning to Home Community-Based Services (HCBS).
- Provide social work and transition services to supported individuals in compliance with ICF and state regulations.
- Develop transition plans collaboratively with supported individuals ensuring their preferences are considered, including choosing where and with whom they will live.
- Coordinate transition activities with families/guardians, service providers, and institutions.
- Monitor the placement of individuals for the 1st year to ensure a successful transition.
- Conduct assessments to identify an individual’s experience living in a community setting and using community resources.
- Collect all required documentation for Medicaid determinations and billable services.
- Facilitate person-centered planning meetings and serve as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Perform outreach activities gathering and evaluating information regarding individuals and programs.
- Prepares records and reports as needed.
- Cooperate with audits, inspections, and investigations.
- Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or relevant Human Services Field; BSW preferred
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Complete all state and agency required training per state guidelines
- Team oriented with demonstrated leadership experience
- Experience with problem solving against multiple priorities
- Ability to establish a comfortable and supportive relationship with individuals receiving supports
- Ability to exercise good judgment and remain calm in crisis situations
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills
- May be required to be on-call in cooperation with other management staff
- Travel may be required utilizing your own vehicle within assigned region
- May be exposed to various medical conditions and communicable diseases
If interested, please send your resume to: Resumes-BD@comop.org.